We can offer a fixed fee divorce for £500+ VAT

Getting a divorce

The legal process of ending a marriage can have a major emotional and financial impact on all family members. TEN Legal Solicitors aim to help separating couples achieve a constructive settlement of their differences in a way which avoids protracted arguments and promotes co-operation between parents in decisions concerning children.

If you do decide to divorce, one of our experienced family solicitors will be able to advise and guide you through the process. We will outline your options at every stage of the process and give you the information and advice necessary to help resolve you case quickly and amicably.

Reasons for an application for divorce

To obtain a divorce in England and Wales, you need to show that you have been married for more than a year and that the marriage has broken down irretrievably, in addition you must show the Court that one of the following applies:

  • Your spouse has committed adultery and you find it intolerable to live together
  • Your spouse has behaved in such a way that you cannot reasonably be expected to live together
  • You have been separated for two years and your spouse agrees to divorce
  • You have been separated for five years
  • Your spouse deserted you more than two years ago
Foreign Number Plates

Looking to get a divorce? Our team can help

Contact Us
divorce solicitor manchester

What the divorce process involves

The divorce is begun by sending to the court the Petition. If you have children, you will also need to give details of them on a document called a Statement of Arrangements for children.

A copy of the petition and statement of arrangements for children is sent to your spouse who is required to complete an Acknowledgment of Service saying whether or not he/she agrees with the divorce. Provided he/she does not contest it, following this:

You then confirm that all the details are true and the court grants a Decree Nisi if satisfied that the ground for divorce is established

After six weeks and one day, it can be converted into a Decree Absolute, which marks the end of the marriage.

For further expert advice, get in touch with our family law team.


If you require any further assistance from a legal representative, please do not hesitate to get in touch on 0161 402 0213, email info@tenlegal.co.uk.or contact us online.


0161 402 0213 info@tenlegal.co.uk