Injury as a result of negligence by a medical professional
While the vast majority of medical treatments are performed without any hiccups, unfortunately there are instances where a medical professional has been negligent in their duties and the patient has sustained injury, illness or even death.
This may result in a loss of earnings from time off work to recover, extra pain and suffering or costs associated with additional care needs you may have due to the impact of the mistake that was made and you are entitled to make a claim for compensation to help pay for these legitimate losses.
Medical Negligence occurs when the standard of care falls below an acceptable standard for a UK medical professional, resulting in damage to your health.
This may be as a result of an incorrect diagnosis, surgery, pregnancy or complications that have arisen as a result of private or elective surgery, such as cosmetic surgery.
There are many examples of medical negligence, but some examples might include:
- Misdiagnosis – Receiving an incorrect diagnosis for a condition, symptoms missed and illnesses worsening.
- Delayed diagnosis – Failing to diagnose your condition, a failure to follow NHS pathways for diagnosis, particularly in relation to cancer
- Incorrect treatment – Where incorrect medication has been prescribed
- Surgical Mistakes – An error during a procedure or operation resulting in an injury or further illness – such as a medical instrument left inside of a patient, or ‘botched’ cosmetic surgery.
- Consent – Receiving treatment without obtaining the proper written consent.
- Pregnancy & Birth – Negligence before or during the birth which can result in catastrophic injuries to the mother or infant
We can help you get the compensation you deserve, to rebuild your life
TEN Legal – Medical Negligence Case Study
We recently represented the family of David John Smith, from Stockport, who was given kidneys infected with Cytomegalovirus (CMV) which can be lethal for patients if not treated correctly. However, due to a transcription error there was no record of this in his aftercare notes which ultimately resulted in his unfortunate and avoidable death caused by multiple organ failure.
Chris Davies, our specialist negligence solicitor here at TEN Legal was able to secure compensation for his family – read the full story in the Manchester Evening News
If you would like to talk to Chris, or one of our Medical and Clinical Negligence specialist solicitors, give us a call on 0161 402 0213
GET IN TOUCH
If you require any further assistance from a legal representative, please do not hesitate to get in touch on 0161 402 0213, email email@example.com contact us online.
0161 402 0213 firstname.lastname@example.org